Travis Ben Robinson - Integrative Psychotherapy
Registered CA Marriage and Family Therapist # 84331
Confidential Voicemail # (415)255-2505
People often come to therapy in crisis. Something has gone wrong in a relationship. Major, disorienting life transitions are underway. Emotional experiences are becoming increasingly overwhelming. Life seems stuck, static, depressing. Anxiety is on the rise. A series of events have altered your course. You are feeling lost.
Therapy can offer a soothing lifeboat for these rough seas. There is more to crisis than meets the eye. Often crisis is a wake up call, a time for necessary change, a growth spurt, a reconnoitering of the landscape, a vivid reorientation. My practice is based on facilitating this process: I want to help you move from crisis to care, from care to confidence, from confidence to creative, enlivening capacity.
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Challenges
- Couples/Family Therapy
- Personal Growth/Expansion
- Discovering the "Edge", Aliveness
- Spiritual Inquiry
- Buddhism/Contemplative Thought
- Transpersonal Experiences
- Integration of Journey Work
- Exploring Multiplicity/Holistic Healing
- Resolving Inner Conflict
- Effective Communication
- Finding a Life Path
- I am heart centered, and believe that therapy is largely and purely informed by the heart, grace, love, compassion.
- I am awareness based and believe in a naturally unfolding, personal wisdom cultivated by mindfulness and intuition.
- I am a relational therapist and believe that effective psychotherapy relies on developing a safe, warm, accepting, dynamic intersubjective field.
- I am humanistic and believe in developing an empathic resonance and an unconditional positive regard for my client. I'd much rather deeply understand a trait or behavior than form some negative judgement about it.
- I am somatically influenced and believe that the body holds important information. Access to body awareness is a doorway to certain therapeutic understandings. This is especially true when trauma is indicated.